Lakewood is home to two beautiful lakes, covering an area of roughly 365 acres. There is one beach (on Lake Drive) and there are multiple pleasure docks located around the lake for resident use. Lakewood has two pontoon boats available for rent during the summer.
Fishing by members will be allowed on all lakes without a Missouri Fishing License, however, they must have their LPOA I.D. on them and follow the rules of the Missouri Department of Conservation regarding practices, limits, minimum sizes and procedures. Also, no trot line or bank lines are allowed.
After consulting with the Missouri Department of Conservation and our observations of the size and quality of our fish population, we have decided on the following:
It is our sincere hope that the fishing in our lakes will be much improved if everyone follows these guidelines.
As an Angler, you have an important responsibility. It’s much more than obeying fishing laws. Good Anglers also respect others, and your actions will allow many other people to enjoy fishing in our lake in the future.
An Ethical Angler:
- Respects other anglers’ rights
- Respects the rights of others who use the resource
- Respects the rights of property owners
- Keeps only the fish he/she wants
- Never wastes fish
- Releases unwanted fish carefully land unharmed
- Never litters or pollutes the waters
- Knows and follow angling and boating regulations
- Continually seeks new knowledge and skills
- Shares his/her knowledge with others
- Doesn’t release live bait or non-native fish into waters
- Promotes the sport of fishing
Lake Use Committee
The Lake Use Committee is concerned with all usage of the lakes and ponds in Lakewood. This shall include boating, sailing, fishing and all other lake activities and uses, and will be responsible for the following:
- Fish Habitat
- Fish Restocking Program
- Boat Slips
- Boat Racks
- Boat Docks
- Pleasure Docks
- Wildlife Abatement
- Water Quality
- Fishing Derbies
Zebra Mussels Awareness
In order to prevent the spread of Zebra Mussels, Lakewood has been very proactive in its efforts. This includes gates at both of our boat ramps and the adoption of procedures for inspecting watercrafts entering the lakes.
Pontoon Boat Rentals
- $250 damage deposit (charged to your account)
- Weekdays (Monday – Thursday) $27.50/hour
- Weekends (Friday – Sunday) $48.50/hour
- Holidays – $60.00/hour
- All-day retails (8:00 AM – 10:00 PM) – only available Monday – Thursday $188.00
The Beach is located behind the Aquatics Center (off Lake Drive) and includes a roped area for swimming and parking area for boats.
During operating hours, you can park your boat and visit the snack bar and pool.
Lakewood has two unmanned marinas. East Lake Marina is located at Lakewood Boulevard and Dick Howser Drive. West Lake Marina is located at Beechwood and Gregory. Each marina has a boat ramp. These ramps are gated and available for use by Lakewood members in good standing.
Please call Community Services at (816) 373-1500 at least 20 minutes before wanting to launch or remove your boat from the lake. Your watercraft and trailer must have a current Lakewood sticker and be clean and dry for inspection by staff prior to launch.